Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last day of 09 Israel trip, up on the roof with God

Hey guys. the last day in Israel, early in the morning, i was on the roof asking to hear from God. I asked him to give me a scripture to help me with this trip. He gave me 1 Kings 2:2. It was a beautiful 'listening prayer' moment for me with Abba, his voice was so clear I doubted it for a moment -- "which verse I asked, which book?" his reply came with new clarity and confidence. I raced to the verse, to see if there would actually be meaning for me:

2 “I am going where everyone on earth must someday go. Take courage and be a man. 3 Observe the requirements of the LORD your God, and follow all his ways. Keep the decrees, commands, regulations, and laws written in the Law of Moses so that you will be successful in all you do and wherever you go. 4 If you do this, then the LORD will keep the promise he made to me. He told me, ‘If your descendants live as they should and follow me faithfully with all their heart and soul, one of them will always sit on the throne of Israel.’

No comments: