Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What happened Last Weekend 5-16-2008

So much happened, so little time to share.

Here's how I think God might answer the question: What Happened this weekend?



This weekend I blessed my children, especially in Austin Texas. In ONE church alone, I took over 100 men and poured into them training about how to be a man after my own heart. I broke them, I built them up, I used iron to sharpen iron, as I said I would in my book - Glad you were paying attention. I renewed and transformed hearts. Their praise warmed me. They called it "Dudefest" - that name cracks me up. Boys will be boys. New warriors were armored. Some of my 'baby boys' walked for the first time, some ran, some flew. They are growing up so fast. They were "ALL IN" and I really liked that. Later I baptized over 100 from the same community in my special living water. They opened their hearts, and I quickly poured in. They confessed their love to me and I to them. I SOO love a big family. They sang for me, it was Guuuuud!

















At the same time, across town, I took a group of 35 or so, mostly my daughters, and used them to serve some of my other children on the poor side of town, who really need help. I stretched them, worked them, broke their hearts, I SHARED their tears and their laughter. I used them to meet need after need. How I loved spending the weekend with them in service. My SON was a server and his heart for service is what I want for my new sons and daughters. Not just to "Go and Do", but to "Do while going - All the time". It's the way I will reach around the world, to each and every nation and people - to every wounded heart.

















This weekend I introduced so many to my Spirit, which is alive and working well on earth thank you very much. I showed them new ways to please me, new ways to treat each other, new ways to grow my spirit within them & to help it spread. I trained many disciples this weekend. I used willing hands and faithful hearts to heal, to bless, to bleed for, to serve some of my less fortunate children. I shined bright, DEEP into the darkness, through the eyes, lips and hearts of my faithful children. I matched those whom I have gifted for "such a time as this" with some of those who are lost, flailing in the darkness and need help now. I sent rookie shepards after lost sheep. They did great! Hands crying out for help were filled with hearts ready to serve. It was fun to watch. I answered prayer after prayer in a way that many of them did not even realize that I was using them to answer the prayers and cries of others. It was sweet like honey.
















We worked on one of my new "Lighthouses" and stuck a SECOND flag on one of the darkest corners in this city. It's ALL mine, and I'm not just talkin' Austin, but lucifer just does not want to admit that yet. I'm taking it back - "No child left behind" - that was MY idea. Now my children are so active on one side of the street that the dark side is just getting smaller and smaller. Light WILL overcome darkness. I called my kids by name this weekend, and they came! I told them what to do, and they listened and did it - with JOY. I made a plan and a way, they did their part. I was with them the whole time. Hiding, watching, whispering directions, popping out at just the right moments. They're such good children. I love them SO much and I'm SO proud of them. They called it Urban Submersion Weekend, lol - they have such creative names. I simply call it "Heaven on Earth".

All over the world, in practically every city and town, I played with my children, our family is growing bigger every day. It was a good weekend for me. How'd your weekend go?

No comments: